Tour of Mount Carmel St. Ann's Project GRACE
- Category: Building Tours
The Healthcare Committee is happy to offer this Tour of Mount Carmel St. Ann's in Westerville, Ohio. Just as the area has grown, so has the hospital in order to meet the community's healthcare needs. The expansion allows the hospital to become a more comprehensive healthcare provider serving Westerville and beyond. 2.0 HSW LUs
Tuesday, October 18, 2013
2:00 - 4:00 PM
Mt. Carmel St. Ann's Project GRACE
500 S. Cleveland Avenue
Westerville, Ohio 43081
$20 AIA Members | $10 Associate AIA Members | $40 Non-AIA Members
Register Here, or call 614.469.1973.
- The tour will begin with a presentation in the Vance Conference Room. Plan to enter the hospital on the west side at the Women's Pavilion.
- Safety glasses and hardhats are REQUIRED. Although some extras will be available, please plan to provide your own if you are able.
- Close-toed shoes are REQUIRED.
- To help ensure the tour begins on time, please plan to arrive a few minutes early for registration purposes. You will be asked to sign a release waiver.
- Photography is permitted.
ABOUT MOUNT CARMEL
Mount Carmel St. Ann's is a local hospital located in Westerville. Just as the area has grown, so has the hospital in order to meet the community's healthcare needs. The expansion allows the hospital to become a more comprehensive healthcare provider serving Westerville and beyond.
The hospital campus is being expanded to include:
- Open-Heart Surgery
- New Main Entrance
- New Patient Tower (Cardiovascular, Orthopedics, Spine)
- Renovated Kitchen & Dining
- Parking Garage, New Surface Lot & Road Enhancements
The expansion is setting the standard for care and operations for the hospital. It incorporates hospitality not only in its architecture but in its services as well. The main entrance will incorporate retail such as a coffee shop and room service will be provided for the patient rooms.
The overall design is patient and family focused. Any stay in a hospital can be stressful and the architecture is set up to provide needed respite for those people. It also provides opportunities for connection and reflection as faith-based themes are weaved into the design. Patient Rooms have been designed to minimize staff intrusions while maximizing the family space.
The design of the expansion is contextual as well. Westerville themes are incorporated throughout from the hanging flower baskets to repurposing stain glass windows from the former St. Paul's church.