- Category: AIA News & Programs
Welcome to The American Institute of Architects
Since 1857, the AIA has represented the professional interests of America's architects. As AIA members, over 91,000 licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners express their commitment to excellence in design and livability in our nation's buildings and communities. Members adhere to a code of ethics and professional conduct that assures the client, the public, and colleagues of an AIA-member architect's dedication to the highest standards in professional practice.
Founded in 1913 and celebrating our 100th anniversary, the AIA Columbus Chapter is one of the largest urban components of the American Institute of Architects in the Midwest with members from throughout the Central Ohio area - serving a 32-county area from Mansfield to Marietta and Columbus to Lancaster. We have over 600 members and afilliated members and are the largest component in Ohio. We seek to be the authoritative source for information on the built environment and to be the credible voice of the profession.
The AIA is a visionary membership organization providing advocacy, leadership, and resources to architects to design a better world.
Our community exists to help each other put our talents to work to create better places for people to live, work and play through:
- Community - building a healthy and welcoming profession
- Knowledge - sharing experience and wisdom
- Advocacy - extending the influence of our professionï¿½s values.
Our Mutual Goals Include:
- Organizing and uniting in fellowship with members of the architectural profession.
- Promoting the aesthetic, scientific and practical efficiency of the architectural profession.
- Advancing the science and art of planning and building by advancing the standard of architectural education, training and practice.
- Coordinating the profession of architecture with the building industry to insure the advancement of the living standard of people through their improved environment.
- Working to insure the architectural profession is of ever-increasing value to society.
- Protecting the rights and interests of our members and advocating on their behalf.
Good Design Makes a Difference
For more than 150 years, members of The American Institute of Architects have worked with each other and their communities to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings and cityscapes.