Lincoln Theater Tour
- Category: Public News & Programs
- The theatre is located on the southwest corner of Garfield and East Long, just east of I-71. East Long is one block north of East Broad.
- Meet at the historic marquee entrance on the north (East Long Street) side.
- This is a hardhat tour. Hardhats will be available on site.
- Public parking is available in the lot across the street.
The Lincoln Theatre was originally constructed between 1928-1929. It was built as a mixed-use facility that included the Theatre, the Grand United Order of Odd Fellows (an African-American fraternal organization) and a variety of street-level retail establishments, including a candy shop. The theatre has been vacant for several decades before the City of Columbus acquired the property and started renovations of the second floor in 2002. Hardlines Design Company was commissioned to rehabilitate the building for modern use. The Lincoln Theatre is scheduled to open in May 2009 and features a restored Egyptian Revival interior, a loge, and new additions to the west and south to accommodate audience and performer needs.